SCAI Crop to Cup Workshop
Course Timings : 11:00AM - 5:00PM
A 4-day workshop designed to introduce you to the world of coffee and embark on a journey to understand coffee - right from a crop until served in a cup!
The workshop will acquaint you with coffee beans, roasting, brewing and cupping them to finally serve a desirable coffee beverage. The course will not offer specialization in the above skills but will assist the trainee to train further and get a sense of direction in the coffee industry.
What you will learn
- Day 1:
- Introduction to coffee origins, waves of coffee and varieties of coffee
- Brewing skills – touch base on all the skills a brewer needs to have to brew a good cup of coffee.
- Day 2:
- Barista skills – touch base on all the skills a barista needs to have to make a good cup of coffee.
- Day 3:
- Green coffee – touch base on how to recognize various coffee defects, how they arise and how they affect the final cup.
- Roasting – touch base on all the skills a roaster needs to have to brew a good cup of coffee.
- Day 4:
- Sensory skills – taste different coffees and try to identify various elements of a cup of coffee and how to recognize them.
- Coffee blends - understanding and formulation of a desirable coffee blend.
- In – person classroom (4 Days)
- Lectures to explain concepts related to all aspects of coffee – right from crop to cup!
- Demonstration and walkthroughs of:
- Virtual plantation visit
- Green coffee processing
- Roasting specialty coffee
- Practical activities to get a hands – on experience with:
- Basic Brewing skills
- Basic Barista skills
- Basic sensory evaluation of roasted coffee
- Specialty coffee blend creation
- Mutual sharing and feedback
- Course Delivery Language: English
- Course Handouts/ Handbooks: English
Who Should Attend
SCAI Crop to Cup Workshop is suitable for:
- Individuals looking to dapple into coffee industry - café owners, coffee processors, roasters, baristas.
- Aspiring Baristas/ Brewers, Roasters
- Planters looking to understand the client facing processes.
- Professional Baristas/ Roasters looking to understand the process of coffee reaching them
- Coffee Enthusiasts
We advocate that regardless of what part of the coffee industry you are in you need to know all the skills sets as each of them are interlinked. No one skill set is useful if we are not aware of the other.
* DISCLAIMER: Subject to change due to unforeseen COVID situations/ restrictions levied by govt. bodies/ training institute.
Where is the training conducted?
The training is conducted at our Bengaluru center. However, for region specific training programs the training will be conducted at the location mentioned for the training program (for instance, IAC Judges' Certification program)
Specialty Coffee Academy India
413, 9th Main Rd, 4th Block, 5th Block, Jayanagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560011
Google Maps Link
Are there any online courses?
Currently, all of our courses are formatted for an “in - person classroom” mode due to the nature of course, where tangible and sensory experience are just as significant as the theory modules.
Are any trainings conducted in locations other than Bangalore (Mumbai, Delhi, etc.)
Currently, all our classroom trainings are conducted at our Bengaluru center but we are looking to expand our footprint to other cities in the country. Stay tuned!
What course is right for me?
Course can be opted for based on area of interest in the world of coffee. All of our courses have a section highlighting what an ideal audience for the course would be. In case of further queries/ confusion please reach out to us over email/ WhatsApp.
What is SCA certification?
SCA certification is a globally recognized certification which can be leveraged to pursue professional aspirations or AST status, anywhere across the globe.
What is SCAI certification?
SCAI certification is a certification offered by “Specialty Academy of India” or SCAI and stands as a testimony of your successful completion of the module in which the certification has been achieved.
Why does the SCA certification course cost so much?
The SCA certification courses’ cost is inclusive of training, SCA certification fee and GST. The course cost will not have any additional/ hidden cost on top of what is displayed for the product.
Can I get a refund on cancellation of my booked slot?
Since we work with micro batches, the number of slots in every program (SCA program or SCAI workshops) are extremely limited and therefore a refund will not be possible. However, in case of unavoidable circumstances, we can move your booked slot to one of the upcoming scheduled batches, as per your convenience. Please reach out to the education co-ordinator in such event.
Is accommodation provided?
SCAI undertakes delivery of quality training courses and provision of training handbooks/ handouts. Food and accommodation arrangements will have to be planned and borne by the learner.