SCA Brewing - Professional
Course Timings : 10:30AM - 6:30PM
- Application of Brewing Intermediate skills to investigate and scientifically understand a range of brewing factors
What you will learn:
- Charting by-pass and investigating its effect on flavour
- Investigating the effect of grind particle size
- Charting espresso and brew within a given extraction percentage
- Influencing the brewing parameters to hit precise extraction and strength targets
- Understanding the effect of different temperatures on coffee brewing
- Understanding the acidity in your coffee at different points within the brewing process
- Investigating effect of water quality on coffee brewing and flavour
- Understanding the effect of different roast profiles on the brewing process
- Gain insight into the education system fashioned at “Specialty Coffee of India (SCAI)”
Practical learning objectives and activities prepare the learner to manipulate and chart brews. A written exam tests theoretical knowledge based on professional course learning objectives.
Who Should Attend
SCA Brewing Professional is suitable for:
- Career baristas, brewers and coffee professionals looking to advance their knowledge and skill in brewing.
- Career brewers pursuing their AST (Authorised SCA trainer) qualifications
- In – person classroom session (3 Days – inclusive of practical exam)
- Module specific lectures to explain concepts and theories about brewing skills and coffee
- Practical activities including demonstrations and practice time allocated for identifying brew strength and extraction; and influencing brews by manipulating and controlling affecting parameters
- Mutual sharing and feedback
- Practical Exam - Post theoretical training and practice hours, a practical examination will be conducted at our Academy.
- Online Exam - Learners will have up to 20 days, once the online exam link is generated, to attend an online theoretical exam.
- Course Delivery Language: English
- Course Handouts/ Handbooks: English
- INR 47,999 incl. GST
- The course fee includes course learning material, SCA examination and certification. You will be eligible for the SCA Professional Certificate once you complete the course and obtain a passing mark for the theory exam (online).
- Note: Upon 2 failed attempts students may choose to pay re-enroll/ re-exam fee for SCA certification or opt out of the exam if they choose to. There will be no SCA certification given in this case, but a certificate of completion from SCAI will be provided.
- It is mandatory to hold the SCA Brewing Intermediate Certification. Students are required to have all the knowledge and skills from these and may be tested on them during the practical and/or written assessments.
- In order to sit for the SCA Brewing Professional exam, there needs to be at least a 3-month gap from the date of the Intermediate exam.
Where is the training conducted?
The training is conducted at our Bengaluru center. However, for region specific training programs the training will be conducted at the location mentioned for the training program (for instance, IAC Judges' Certification program)
Specialty Coffee Academy India
413, 9th Main Rd, 4th Block, 5th Block, Jayanagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560011
Google Maps Link
Are there any online courses?
Currently, all of our courses are formatted for an “in - person classroom” mode due to the nature of course, where tangible and sensory experience are just as significant as the theory modules.
Are any trainings conducted in locations other than Bangalore (Mumbai, Delhi, etc.)
Currently, all our classroom trainings are conducted at our Bengaluru center but we are looking to expand our footprint to other cities in the country. Stay tuned!
What course is right for me?
Course can be opted for based on area of interest in the world of coffee. All of our courses have a section highlighting what an ideal audience for the course would be. In case of further queries/ confusion please reach out to us over email/ WhatsApp.
What is SCA certification?
SCA certification is a globally recognized certification which can be leveraged to pursue professional aspirations or AST status, anywhere across the globe.
What is SCAI certification?
SCAI certification is a certification offered by “Specialty Academy of India” or SCAI and stands as a testimony of your successful completion of the module in which the certification has been achieved.
Why does the SCA certification course cost so much?
The SCA certification courses’ cost is inclusive of training, SCA certification fee and GST. The course cost will not have any additional/ hidden cost on top of what is displayed for the product.
Can I get a refund on cancellation of my booked slot?
Since we work with micro batches, the number of slots in every program (SCA program or SCAI workshops) are extremely limited and therefore a refund will not be possible. However, in case of unavoidable circumstances, we can move your booked slot to one of the upcoming scheduled batches, as per your convenience. Please reach out to the education co-ordinator in such event.
Is accommodation provided?
SCAI undertakes delivery of quality training courses and provision of training handbooks/ handouts. Food and accommodation arrangements will have to be planned and borne by the learner.