SCA Brewing Skills - Foundation
Course timings : 10:30AM - 6:30PM
- Brewing Foundation introduces the learner to the different methods of brewing coffee in a theoretical and practical hands-on manner for a range of devices.
- Designed to introduce the novice into the core skills and equipment required to produce great brewed coffee.
- This is one of the Coffee Diploma System Foundation modules, 5 credits will be awarded after completion.
What you will learn:
- What is specialty coffee?
- Introduction to Coffee and Coffee Extraction
- The Essential Elements of Brew
- Introduction to Brewing Methods
- Gain insight into the education system fashioned at “Specialty Coffee of India (SCAI)”
Practical learning objectives and activities prepare the learner to produce a tasty brew based on an understanding of the essential brewing elements and an analysis of their brew results. A written exam tests theoretical knowledge based on Foundation course learning objectives.
Who Should Attend
SCA Brewing Skills Foundation is suitable for:
- Budding Home Brewers
- Aspiring Career Baristas /Individuals keen to pursue a career in the Food & Beverage industry
- Coffee Enthusiasts
- In – person classroom session (2 Days – inclusive of practical exam)
- Module specific lectures to explain concepts and theories about brewing skills and coffee
- Practical activities including demonstrations and practice time allocated for brewing and achieving recommended extraction.
- Mutual sharing and feedback
- Practical Exam - Post theoretical training and practice hours, a practical examination will be conducted at our Academy.
- Online Exam - Learners will have up to 20 days, once the online exam link is generated, to attend an online theoretical exam.
- Course Delivery Language: English
- Course Handouts/ Handbooks: English
- INR 17,700 incl. GST
- The course fee includes course learning material, SCA examination and certification. You will be eligible for the SCA Foundation Certificate once you complete the course and obtain a passing mark for the theory exam (online).
- Note: Upon 2 failed attempts students may choose to pay re-enroll/ re-exam fee for SCA certification or opt out of the exam if they choose to. There will be no SCA certification given in this case, but a certificate of completion from SCAI will be provided.
Where is the training conducted?
The training is conducted at our Bengaluru center.
Specialty Coffee Academy India
No 942, 9th Cross, 21st Main Rd, 2nd Phase, J. P. Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560078
Google Maps Link
Are there any online courses?
Currently, all of our courses are formatted for an “in - person classroom” mode due to the nature of course, where tangible and sensory experience are just as significant as the theory modules.
Are any trainings conducted in locations other than Bangalore (Mumbai, Delhi, etc.)
Currently, all our classroom trainings are conducted at our Bengaluru center but we are looking to expand our footprint to other cities in the country. Stay tuned!
What course is right for me?
Course can be opted for based on area of interest in the world of coffee. All of our courses have a section highlighting what an ideal audience for the course would be. In case of further queries/ confusion please reach out to us over email/ WhatsApp.
What is SCA certification?
SCA certification is a globally recognized certification which can be leveraged to pursue professional aspirations or AST status, anywhere across the globe.
What is SCAI certification?
SCAI certification is a certification offered by “Specialty Academy of India” or SCAI and stands as a testimony of your successful completion of the module in which the certification has been achieved.
Why does the SCA certification course cost so much?
The SCA certification courses’ cost is inclusive of training, SCA certification fee and GST. The course cost will not have any additional/ hidden cost on top of what is displayed for the product.
Is accommodation provided?
SCAI undertakes delivery of quality training courses and provision of training handbooks/ handouts. Food and accommodation arrangements will have to be planned and borne by the learner.