SCA Barista Skills - Intermediate
Course Timings : 11:00AM - 5:00PM
- The Barista Skills Intermediate course builds on the concepts and skills introduced in the Barista Foundation course.
- This is one of the Coffee Diploma System Intermediate modules, 10 credits will be awarded after completion.
What you will learn:
- The interactive course will enable learners to gain a deeper understanding of coffee itself - specifically the impact of a coffee’s variety, origins and processing methods on flavour
- The course explores parameters of coffee quantity, grind texture, water quality, shot time and their interaction when dialing in a brew recipe, drink construction and taste differences.
- The course will dive into workflow management and efficiency, sensory aspects of espresso extraction, milk handling and techniques as well as latte art.
- In addition to coffee preparation, this course also covers key concepts regarding health and safety, customer service and basic business practices
- Gain insight into the education system fashioned at “Specialty Coffee of India (SCAI)”
Practical learning objectives and activities prepare the learner to conduct key seasoned tasks of a barista. A written exam tests theoretical knowledge based on Intermediate course learning objectives.
Who Should Attend
SCA Barista Skills Intermediate is suitable for:
- Working baristas looking to deepen their competency
- Someone who has barista skills experience and wants to explore coffee quality improvement and prepare for more complex job functions found in the barista profession.
- In – person classroom session (2 Days – inclusive of practical exam)
- Module specific lectures to explain concepts and theories about being a barista and coffee skills
- Practical activities including demonstrations and practice time allocated for espresso dial – ins, sensory, milk beverage creation, latte art.
- Mutual sharing and feedback
- Practical Exam - Post theoretical training and practice hours, a practical examination will be conducted at our Academy.
- Online Exam - Learners will have up to 20 days, once the online exam link is generated, to attend an online theoretical exam.
- Course Delivery Language: English
- Course Handouts/ Handbooks: English
- INR 31,899 incl. GST
- The course fee includes course learning material, SCA examination and certification. You will be eligible for the SCA Intermediate Certificate once you complete the course and obtain a passing mark for the theory exam (online).
- Note: Upon 2 failed attempts students may choose to pay re-enroll/ re-exam fee for SCA certification or opt out of the exam if they choose to. There will be no SCA certification given in this case, but a certificate of completion from SCAI will be provided.
SCA Barista Skills Foundation certification
* DISCLAIMER: Subject to change due to unforeseen COVID situations/ restrictions levied by govt. bodies/ training institute.
Where is the training conducted?
The training is conducted at our Bengaluru center.
Specialty Coffee Academy India
No 942, 9th Cross, 21st Main Rd, 2nd Phase, J. P. Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560078
Google Maps Link
Are there any online courses?
Currently, all of our courses are formatted for an “in - person classroom” mode due to the nature of course, where tangible and sensory experience are just as significant as the theory modules.
Are any trainings conducted in locations other than Bangalore (Mumbai, Delhi, etc.)
Currently, all our classroom trainings are conducted at our Bengaluru center but we are looking to expand our footprint to other cities in the country. Stay tuned!
What course is right for me?
Course can be opted for based on area of interest in the world of coffee. All of our courses have a section highlighting what an ideal audience for the course would be. In case of further queries/ confusion please reach out to us over email/ WhatsApp.
What is SCA certification?
SCA certification is a globally recognized certification which can be leveraged to pursue professional aspirations or AST status, anywhere across the globe.
What is SCAI certification?
SCAI certification is a certification offered by “Specialty Academy of India” or SCAI and stands as a testimony of your successful completion of the module in which the certification has been achieved.
Why does the SCA certification course cost so much?
The SCA certification courses’ cost is inclusive of training, SCA certification fee and GST. The course cost will not have any additional/ hidden cost on top of what is displayed for the product.
Is accommodation provided?
SCAI undertakes delivery of quality training courses and provision of training handbooks/ handouts. Food and accommodation arrangements will have to be planned and borne by the learner.